The following was found on the Internet:
Canadian editorial humor directed at US
This is Canada’s Top Ten List of America’s Stupidity… Canada’s
version of David Letterman’s “Top 10”
10. Only in America … Could politicians talk about the greed of the
rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9. Only in America … Could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when they have a black
President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal
workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of
all federal entitlements goes to black Americans – 3X the rate that go
to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8. Only in America … Could they have had the two people most
responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the
Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and
Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of
7. Only in America … Can they have terrorists kill people in the
name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that
Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6. Only in America … Would they make people who want to legally
become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and
pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss
letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’
become American citizens.
5. Only in America … Could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as
4. Only in America … Could you need to present a driver’s license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3. Only in America … Could people demand the government investigate
whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. Oil company
(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes
2. Only in America … Could the government collect more tax dollars
from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a
Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of
$7Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough
1. Only in America … Could the rich people – who pay 86% of all
income taxes – be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people
who don’t pay any income taxes at all.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
Theodore Roosevelt – 26th US President
Please note 3 important informational links:
“A thinking person will question what he hears; examine what he sees; and evaluate what others would have him believe.”
“When did big government and its mainstream media tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?”
[Pastor emeritus Nathan M. Bickel]
Note: Above pics and / or videos found on the web.